How to identify the air filter of the air compressor?
Views : 257
Update time : 2022-02-18 15:26:26
The air filter of the air compressor is the first barrier of the screw air compressor, and the quality of the air filter is very important. If the quality of the air filter is not good, just like a person, the disease comes from the mouth; if the quality of the air filter is not good, it will waste a lot of electricity when the air compressor is running, and it will directly affect the oil, oil filter, oil separation, bearings, etc. service life.
However, in many cases, when users use and buy air filters for air compressors, the quality of air filters is often ignored or users cannot identify them. It is clear what caused the deformation and damage, just know to replace it with a new one and continue to use it. Such long-term use of inferior air compressor air filter can easily lead to the following failures of the air compressor:
1. The exhaust volume of the unit is insufficient, which affects the production;
2. The resistance of the filter element is too large, and the energy consumption of the unit increases;
3. The actual compression ratio of the unit increases, the main load increases, and the service life is shortened;
4. The damaged filter element causes foreign matter to enter the host, and the host may lock or even be scrapped.
So how to identify the air compressor air filter? First of all, the quality of the air filter is not based solely on the price, nor is the more expensive the better, but usually the price of a good-quality air filter will be a little higher, but it will not be too far away, (high-quality PU The price of the air filter of rubber will be about 20-30% higher, and the price of air filter of high-quality iron cover will be about 40-50% higher), the most important thing is to learn how to distinguish the quality of air filter, in order to get good quality and price Not a particularly high air filter.
Whether the air filtration quality of the screw air compressor is good or not depends on three aspects:
1. Waterproof performance, everyone knows that the air contains a lot of water, especially in rainy days, the water content in the air will be higher. Once the waterproof performance of the air filter is not good, the air filter will be easily affected by moisture. Air compressor suction is smooth, or even blocked, customers will waste a lot of electricity bills.
2. Filtration accuracy, if the filtration accuracy is not high, a large amount of slightly finer dust and impurities will be sucked into the screw air compressor, which will affect the service life of oil, oil, oil filter, bearings, etc.
3. Air permeability, if the air permeability is not good, it will affect the smooth suction of the screw air compressor, and it is easy to block, and customers will also waste a lot of electricity bills.
The actual detection of air filter quality is mainly from the following three aspects:
(1) Water detection, this is also the most critical and simplest identification method. For the inexperienced, water is the best way to test the quality of the air filter. Put the air filter flat on the ground or on the table, and sprinkle some water on the filter paper:
a. If the filter paper seeps into the water within 5 minutes, it is an air filter made of cotton pulp paper and absolutely cannot be used. This kind of product is used by a few cheap people in the screw air compressor industry.
b. If the filter paper seeps into the water within 2-5 hours, it is made of low-grade wood pulp paper and can be used, but it will affect the scavenging efficiency of the screw air compressor (more power consumption and less air). Due to the relatively low price of air filtration made of this kind of filter paper, it can also be used on screw air compressors (more power consumption and less gas, wasting user resources), so now the air filtration of this kind of filter paper in the air compressor industry occupies the mainstream , The vast majority of screw air compressor shops use this kind of filter paper for air filtration.
c. If the filter paper takes 12-15 hours to seep in, it is a decent filter paper (mid-grade filter paper). Usually, the domestic screw air compressor factory with better quality uses the air filter of this type of filter paper as the original consumables.
d. If the filter paper does not seep into the filter paper for 24 hours, it is definitely a first-class product (high-end filter paper). Usually, the high-end machine factory chooses this type of filter paper air filter as the original consumables.
(2) Look at the light to see whether the filter paper is uniform, whether the light transmittance is good, and whether the surface finish of the filter paper is good. The filter paper is uniform and meticulous in observing the light, with good light transmittance and good surface finish, indicating that the filter paper has good filtering accuracy and good air permeability (this simple identification method requires some experience).
(3) Look at the depth and fold of the filter paper. If the filter paper is deep and the number of folds of the filter paper is large, it means that the air filter has a large filter area, and the air filter has a large filter area, and the air permeability will be better.
It is not particularly difficult to achieve good waterproof performance in the air filter of the air compressor. As long as high-quality wood pulp filter paper is used, the requirements can be met, but the production cost will be slightly higher. The real difficulty is to satisfy both the filtration accuracy and the air permeability. Only those that can satisfy these three requirements are the real good air filters.
In the end, I remind everyone not only to use a good air filter, but also to be more diligent in cleaning the air filter when the air compressor is running for a long time. Diligently cleaning the air filter, on the one hand, can better protect the screw air compressor, and on the other hand can save electricity costs (dust attached to the surface of the air filter will affect the smooth suction).
For users with particularly bad environment, it is best to clear the air filter once a day, and replace the air filter every 500-800 hours; for customers with moderate environment, clean the air filter once every 3-7 days, and replace the air filter every 1000-1500 hours; for customers with good environment, 500-2000 Change the air filter every hour.